Sunday, April 15, 2007

On the subject of dying electric mice...

This weekend I have been catsitting my friend's girlfriend's BEAST of a cat. I refer to him now as the mini-lion, since the cat is 28 lbs and by far the largest normal (well...) housecat I have ever seen (no cat should ever stand taller than your knees). At least he's friendly and hasn't tried to eat me. He really loves attention (though he won't play with me) and his purr can be heard across the whole apartment.

They left some toys for him (electric squeaky mice, a two-tiered scratching post/perch thing, some "cat fishing poles" (wands with strings and feathers and things). The first day I found out he tried to jump up on the perch and knocked it over, so I've since learned I have to brace it. This morning was interesting though. I awoke to check on him and found that he had actually KNOCKED THE TOILET SEAT OFF OF THE TOILET! Not only that, he had attempted to drown his electric mice by dropping them in the bowl. He also shredded my toilet paper and dropped that in the bowl too! So now it appears that he succeeded with the murder of one electric mouse, but the other one WILL NOT STOP SQUEAKING. So since this morning I've dealt with an enormous attention craving cat and a dying electric mouse that just won't make its final peace. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home