Friday, April 27, 2007

On the subject of Bowling for Soup and Ticketmaster...

Wow. I just saw Bowling for Soup for the second time tonight, and it was an awesome show. The first BFS show I saw was really good, but this time I was near the front of the crowd, so I think that energy makes the show better. BFS is also a great band for engaging the crowd (probably the best I have ever seen), and that really ramps up the performance. I recommend that if you like any of their songs and haven't seen them live you grab the next opportunity. The opening acts, Ronnie Day and Quiet Drive, were OK. Ronnie Day was missable, but I really enjoyed Quiet Drive and I'm kicking myself now for not stopping by the merch booth at the end and picking up their CD. I'll have to find it online.

---BEGIN RANT MODE ---

This will be the little section of my blog where I will stand up on my theoretical soapbox and complain. I was happy that the BFS concert used a ticket vendor called TicketWeb to sell online tickets. It's good to see competition for Ticketmaster (how I loathe thee, let me count the ways). I recently tried to purchase Dave Matthews Band tickets for a concert in September. I tried to originally get 4 tickets in row, but of course it only offered me lawn seating (not real covered seats). It wasn't until I went down to single seats that I actually was offered covered seating. The site is also horribly slow. I waited 11 minutes to find out I was only going to be offered lawn seating. All of the good seats get snagged up incredibly quickly (and strangely enough always seem to end up in the hands of scalpers). There has to be some way to fix this. 

So, that's the question. How can Ticketmaster be improved? How about releasing tickets in stages and not announcing when the tickets will be released. Save some good seats for later stages as well, so you don't have to have clicked at the very super instant millisecond that tickets became available to get good seats. So that a few days after the initial release you could search and have a chance of getting good seats. 

I have no other solutions at the moment, so I will step down from my little complaining box.

---END OF RANT---

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home